Whether you’re a seasoned summit attendee or a first-timer, this guide will help you make the most of your experience at the CoreNet Global Summit in Denver. As a proud exhibitor (booth #528), AVUITY has created this guide to assist you in navigating the event, exploring the host city, and embracing the power of perspective.
About the CoreNet Global Summit
The CoreNet Global Summit is the premier event for corporate real estate professionals worldwide. Over 3 days, the summit provides an unmatched opportunity to gain insights, share best practices, and cultivate connections within the industry.
With the theme “Zoom Out: The Power of Perspective,” this year’s summit promises thought-provoking discussions on leadership, change management, and strategic planning. Through keynotes, workshops, case studies, and more, attendees will explore how to embrace uncertainty and elevate their perspective.
About CoreNet Global
CoreNet Global is a non-profit association representing nearly 10,000 members across 50 countries who have strategic responsibility for the real estate assets of large corporations.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, the organization’s mission is to advance the practice of Corporate Real Estate (CRE) through professional development, publications, research, conferences, designations, and networking opportunities.
- Date: October 28-30, 2023
- Location: Colorado Convention Center, 700 14th St, Denver, CO 80202
- Expected Attendance: Over 3,500 corporate real estate executives
The Power of the CoreNet Global Community
With nearly 10,000 members across 50 countries, CoreNet Global represents an unrivaled collective of corporate real estate expertise. The organization empowers professionals to elevate their success through:
Stay ahead of trends in workplace strategy, design, and technology through research, events, and the global member network.
Gain Insider Insights:
Learn from prominent corporate real estate leaders about strategies for optimizing real estate portfolios. Access invaluable insider perspectives.
Expand Your Network:
Connect with a diverse community of professionals across industries from over 50 countries. Build your global network.
From research reports to special interest groups and local chapters, leverage comprehensive resources to advance your skills.
Grow your expertise through certifications, accreditations, and Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Maintain your credentials.
CoreNet Global fosters an environment for sharing knowledge and cultivating meaningful connections worldwide. Attending the annual Global Summit allows attendees to fully experience the power and potential of this unparalleled community.
Preparing for the 2023 CoreNet Global Summit in Denver, CO
To make the most of the event, here are some tips:
- Review the schedule and create your own customized agenda based on sessions that interest you.
- Set clear goals such as connecting with a certain number of executives, learning about new workplace tech, or gaining insights on sustainability.
- Research speakers and moderators you hope to meet. Understanding their experience can enrich conversations.
- Craft a 30-second introduction about yourself and have business cards on hand. This enables memorable networking.
- Download the summit mobile app to efficiently manage your schedule and connections.
- Pack comfortable shoes and business-casual attire for long days of learning and networking.
Getting to 2023 CoreNet Global Summit and Getting Around Denver
The Colorado Convention Center is conveniently located in Downtown Denver, within walking distance of many hotels, restaurants, and attractions.
- Fly into Denver International Airport (DEN), located about 30 minutes from downtown via taxi, rideshare, or the A-Line commuter rail.
- Consider renting a car for easy access to areas outside downtown. Free parking is available at the convention center.
- Walking and biking are great ways to explore downtown Denver. The 16th Street Mall shuttle is also free and easy to use.
- Use rideshare services like Uber and Lyft, or hail a cab around town.
- Check out the Regional Transportation District (RTD) for public transit options.
Experiencing the Mile High City
Beyond the summit, Denver offers an array of things to see and do:
- Larimer Square and 16th Street Mall – This historic district and pedestrian promenade features high-end boutiques, restaurants, and live entertainment. Don’t miss the dancing fountains at the mall!
- Denver Botanic Gardens – Explore diverse gardens, an indoor tropical conservatory, and art exhibitions spread across 24 acres.
- Butterfly Pavilion – Get up close to over 1,600 butterflies in the indoor tropical paradise exhibit. See invertebrates like tarantulas too.
- Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre – Soak in incredible mountain views and hike amidst the iconic red sandstone formations. Catch a concert in the awe-inspiring natural amphitheater if you can.
- Buffalo Bill Museum & Grave – Learn about Buffalo Bill’s Wild West legend and see galleries filled with Native American artifacts and Old West memorabilia.
- Rocky Mountain National Park – A 1-1.5 hour drive from Denver, the stunning park has over 300 miles of hiking trails with alpine lakes, waterfalls, and abundant wildlife.
- Denver Craft Beer Scene – Check out breweries like Great Divide, Epic, Ratio, Our Mutual Friend, and many more to sample Colorado’s famous craft beers.
- Museums – Don’t miss gems like the Denver Art Museum, History Colorado Center, and the Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art.
With an energetic urban vibe surrounded by natural beauty, Denver offers an unforgettable destination.
Fuel Up Near the Convention Center
With jam-packed days at the CoreNet Global Summit, you’ll want to refuel conveniently right near the Colorado Convention Center. These spots offer quick bites and quality coffee to power you through back-to-back sessions:
- Logan House Coffee – Located on 15th Street, this laid-back café serves expertly-brewed coffees and espresso drinks using beans from local roasters. Grab breakfast sandwiches, pastries, or avocado toast to go. They also have plenty of seating to work or meet.
- ink! Coffee – This sleek coffee bar offers small-batch roasted coffees, loose leaf teas, and made-to-order beverages. Try their signature Shakerato – a shaken espresso drink. Their tapas menu has breakfast paninis, oatmeal, and more.
- Tuscany Coffee & Deli – Stop by this quaint shop for quick breakfast bagels and sandwiches, house-made soups, salads, and paninis for lunch. Enjoy your food with locally roasted coffee.
- Fluid Coffee Bar – Get your caffeine fix from this minimalist coffee bar serving expertly brewed pour-overs, espressos, and lattes made with locally sourced beans. They also offer fruit smoothies, toasts, and pastries.
- Sam’s No.3 – This Denver diner institution serves hearty breakfast plates loaded with eggs, pancakes, and breakfast meats. They also have sandwiches, burgers, and Mexican entrees for lunch or dinner.
- Modern Market Eatery – Grab a fiber-fueled breakfast, build-your-own salad, or sandwich at this fast casual spot focused on natural ingredients. Their location by the convention center also has a coffee and juice bar.
With such a stellar array of cafes, diners, and lunch spots nearby, you’ll stay fueled up morning to night during the summit.
Indulge at Denver’s Best Restaurants Near the Colorado Convention Center
After a full day of learning and networking, unwind by indulging in Denver’s dining scene. The city offers an array of restaurants to suit any taste – perfect for client dinners or grabbing a bite after the summit. Here are a few of our top picks that are also conveniently located near the convention center.
- Rioja – This lively Mediterranean restaurant resides in a converted Victorian warehouse and specializes in Spanish tapas and paella. Enjoy happy hour deals on sangria and tapas at the breezy patio bar.
- Stout Street Social – Located directly across from the Colorado Convention Center, this industrial-chic eatery offers shareable plates, hearty mains like burgers and mac and cheese, and a huge craft beer list. It’s a great spot for happy hour or late night socializing.
- Mercantile Dining & Provision – Situated inside Denver’s historic Union Station, Mercantile boasts an urban farmhouse vibe with exposed brick, high ceilings, and pops of color. Savor farm-to-table American fare like bison burgers, trout, and flatbreads baked in a stone hearth oven. Don’t miss their extensive whiskey bar.
- The Corner Office Restaurant + Martini Bar – This lively contemporary American restaurant resides in a historic bank building and is known for its rooftop patio overlooking Downtown Denver. Enjoy martinis, wines, and elevated bar fare like lobster rolls, short rib sliders, and cornmeal crusted oysters.
- Bar Red – Descend into this dimly lit underground speakeasy which serves expertly crafted cocktails and New American bar bites like deviled eggs, meatballs, and flatbread pizzas. Reservations are recommended for the intimate space.
- Range – This modern steakhouse in the Lower Downtown area focuses on premium proteins like dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood towers, and salads topped with seared proteins. The industrial-chic setting offers an extensive whiskey list and craft cocktails.
- French 75 – Classic French fare like escargots, steak frites, and moules frites is served in an elegant art deco dining room. Complement your meal with a namesake French 75 cocktail and selections from their award-winning all-French wine list.
- La Loma – Opened in 1893, this historic Denver restaurant serves classic Tex-Mex and Mexican fare like tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, and table-side guacamole. Sip margaritas in the adobe courtyard strung with twinkling lights.
With this mix of new and classic spots, Denver offers diverse flavors for memorable dining experiences.
Places to Work or Meet Near the Colorado Convention Center
Should you need space for focused work, impromptu meetings, or private calls during the 2023 CoreNet Global Summit, Denver has excellent options steps from the Colorado Convention Center:
Here are some of our favorites:
- Candy Factory Coworking – Located in a converted 19th century candy factory, they offer coworking memberships, dedicated desks, and private offices. There’s also meeting rooms available for rent, phone booths, and event space.
- YourOffice – Denver – This space has private offices and desks for rent on flexible terms. They also provide meeting rooms equipped with TVs, whiteboards, and conference phones that can be reserved hourly.
- FirmSpace – This coworking space within walking distance of the convention center has open coworking, dedicated desks, offices, conference rooms, and private phone booths available. There’s also a lounge and kitchen area.
- Kaffe Landskap – Find your focus over coffee at this peaceful Scandinavian-inspired cafe with ample seating, top-notch coffee, and a menu filled with savory and sweet Norwegian treats.
- Corner Bakery Cafe – This casual eatery has a variety of seating options from counter seats to cozy booths where you can refuel over coffee, breakfast, and lunch. They have complimentary WiFi and outlets too.
Wrapping Up the Summit
As the CoreNet Global Summit concludes, remember to reflect on key takeaways, review notes and materials, and follow up on connections. Stay engaged through CoreNet’s regional chapters and the online Member Community.
AVUITY looks forward to connecting at our exhibit booth #528 and helping elevate your perspective on creating incredible workplaces. We hope this guide empowers you to maximize your summit experience. See you in the Mile High City!