|Job Title||Director of Business Development|
|Location||West Coast Focused (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle)|
AVUITY was founded in 2012 as a part of an architecture and design firm. Initially functioning as the data-driven technology arm of the firm, AVUITY was able to leverage the insight-led design background of the partnership to develop hardware and software that not only measures workplace usage, but applies work trends, spatial understanding, and design thinking into the company’s core competencies. AVUITY has grown into an industry leader in manufacturing both sensor hardware and the software needed to compile, digest, and manage key analytics for clients across the globe. AVUITY has since grown beyond the initial data-focused subsidiary into a fully independent technology firm, expanding to meet our clients’ needs. Our flagship products, VuAI, VuSensor and VuSpace, can be configured as needed to identify and analyze trends in space usage to help organizations increase efficiency, optimize their real estate portfolio, and enhance the experience of everyone using their space.
AVUITY is looking for a Senior Business Development manager based on the West Coast. Their responsibility will be to cultivate new opportunities, take those opportunities through the sales process, and manage the relationship once complete. AVUITY is looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirt who is not afraid to take on tasks outside their current job function and is motivated to deliver results. This individual needs to be highly motivated with a desire to win.
- Self-sufficient individual, expected to build relationships and funnel with minimal supervision.
- Able to quickly learn new products in hardware and software.
- Able to pivot to assist with implementation, marketing, and general team support.
- Ability to network within large organization and manage through the decision-making process.
- Expected to travel for any necessary client meetings, conferences, and trade shows.
- Comfortable in flexible, start-up environment supporting medium-to-large clients.
- Adept at providing client demos via Zoom/Teams.
- Proficient with Pipedrive or other CRM tools.
- Strong phone, email, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Proven problem solver
- 5-8 year minimum sales experience, 8-10 years preferable.
- Business connections across one or more of the following industries:
- Consultative sales experience, ideally in technology
- Corporate Real Estate
- Architecture & Design
- Audio Visual
- Real Estate Service Providers i.e JLL, CBRE, Cushman & Wakefield, Colliers
- Marketing experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience in facilitating or participating in virtual and live speaking engagements.
- Experience identifying opportunity, developing and managing customer experience from initial call to closing the sale.